Site Ministry of Public Works, Construction and Housing, Southwest State
The Ministry of Public Works, Construction and Housing Southwest State was formed on 3rd March 2015 during the establishment of the Southwest State and is one of the key infrastructure Ministries in terms of the rebuilding of the country. By developing more effective, efficient, accountable and inclusive institutions, the Ministry will be better positioned to deliver much needed infrastructure and services at State Level.
The Ministry of Public Works has a mandate for the rebuilding and rehabilitation of State level institutional buildings and infrastructures of the Southwest State in an effective and efficient way. The Ministry of Public Works has always been the custodian authority of all but not limited to, infrastructure, buildings, bridges, highways and roads, land plots and spaces owned by the central and regional governments. Delivery and support of services, and where necessary, regulation of any entity or individuals that have business-related matters within the state.
The Ministry of Public works, Reconstruction & Housing plays a pivotal role performance both for the public and private sectors of Southwest State Somalia. This critical role requires a results orientated approach in program design and implementation.
The Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MoPWRH) Southwest State currently has an office in Baidoo District, and has sub-offices in all districts of Southwest State of Somalia.
Organizational unit/ Department: Department of Planning, and Development and Quality of Institutional Building and operational development.
Title: Technical Advisor
Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
The overall objective of CD4D2 is to promote the active role of diaspora in developing capacity at targeted sectors and institutions in selected target countries. Somalia is one of the target locations for the project. CD4D2 is a comprehensive diaspora engagement programme that is built on knowledge and skills transfer.
The primary objective is to review current polices and develop new polices required by the Ministry of Public Works. Furthermore, institutional capacity building for the current staff and strengthened thematic priority needs of the Ministry of Public Works of Southwest State Somalia is also sought.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Propose institutional strengthening recommendations and measures to improve efficiency and productivity of CSB divisions
- Capacity Needs assessment for key priority needs for the Ministry of Public Works of Southwest State,
- Assessment of the Institutional Building and development of Polices (HR, Financial, procurement, Quality Management technical, Monitoring & Evaluation, Gender and child protection policy, SWS Labour Act.
- Development of Institutional polices,
- Support knowledge and capacity building of Ministry Staff.
- Review land low of Southwest State that currently development and need to review and inline the context and support of making as act land low.
- Undertake and deliver a readiness assessment for strategy implementation
Education and Experience
The candidate will be expected to have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in agronomy or another relevant field;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration and Political Science;
- Minimum of at least 8 years of experience with project management, preferably in Somalia;
- Experience in training delivery and policy development;
- Practical experience in designing and implementing results management and monitoring and evaluation systems, data collection and analysis, results reporting;
- Good analytical and technical report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet.
Fluency in English and Somali