Site Galaxy Backbone Limited
Name of the host institution: Galaxy Backbone Limited
Number of available positions: 2
Organizational unit/ Department: Galaxy Backbone Ltd.
Duration of assignment: 1 July 2021- 31 December 2021
Objectives of Assignment
Galaxy Backbone was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria to operate a nationwide IP-based network that will provide a common platform for connectivity and other infrastructure services for all Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of Government.
Galaxy Backbone has the mandate to among others, share ICT infrastructure, applications and services to all Federal Government MDAs and institutions; build and operate a single nation-wide IP broadband network to provide network services to all Federal Government MDAs and institutions; deploy and maintain all national database management systems and transversal applications in government which include government-wide messaging and collaboration, federal public service personnel and payroll system, Government gateway and national portal; Set standards and guidelines for the support of government MDAs in the acquisition and acceptable usage of ICT infrastructure, applications and services across different agencies and government institutions; provide Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN) to connect all government entities; and be the provider of technical support to the Ministry of Communication Technology for end to end Quality Assurance of ICT projects and capacity building for ICT professionals in government.
Objectives of Assignment
To assist one of the agencies of the Federal Government with the development of a solution for their key operations. In this case, the Criminal Justice Administration department of the Ministry of Justice will be provided assistance with the development of a crime record management application.
In addition, the expert will provide training on the solution developed to the users and administrators in the Ministry.
- Storage and management of crime case records
- Aggregation of crime records from different agencies of Government
- Must be developed to meet specific requirements of Nigeria’s criminal system.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
To develop a working solution application to manage the department’s crime records system.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve the performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Capacity to conduct a detailed training needs analysis
- Ability to develop training plan capturing training requirement of the institution and appropriate training delivery methodology
- Ability to work well with stakeholders to help formulate and deliver timely and effective training materials across relevant departments
- Excellent Capacity in the use of SharePoint Online and application Development and Support
- Capacity to demonstrate learning and development experience particularly in technology refresh, MS Windows and productivity suite upgrades
- Capacity to design, develop and support technology infrastructure, hardware, software and office systems support and distribution
- Capacity in Systems Performance Management and technology integration functions
Education and Experience
M.A. (or higher) in one or combination of any of the below discipline;
- Software application development
- Computer operations
- IT service management
- Technology development and architecture
- IT infrastructure management
- Cloud computing
- Application service
- Experienced web developer
- Understanding of software development cycle
- Experience in conducting research, providing short term training
- Demonstrated 5 years’ experience in project management and implementation
- Knowledge of Government and Public Sector Administration
- Knowledge and experience of Private Sector Administration
Fluency in English is required