Mayoralty Of Baghdad
Background Information about Host Institution
The Baghdad Municipality is the governmental institution directly related to the General Secretariat For The Council of Ministers, responsible for the cleanliness and aesthetics of capital of the Republic of Iraq, Baghdad, this includes the management of infrastructure construction projects.
Organizational unit/Department: Engineering Department
Duration of assignment: 2 weeks
Objectives of Assignment
Support the capacity building of the Baghdad Municipality institution and promote staff’s knowledge about their technical field, as well as engaging the expert with his country of origin.
The staff expect to receive new information about above mentioned subjects considering the best practices from other countries (particularly EU countries) and how this knowledge could be applied on a national level.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide the host institution with training sessions and knowledge exchange regarding engineering solutions to improve infrastructure, such as Wastewater treatment methods, waste recycling methods, garden design and green belts and solutions for water source pollution issues.
- Design and delivery of trainings and guidance programme and materials, based on the host institution needs.
- Interactive, engaging teaching matters eg. discussions, exercises, activities.
- Drafting the methodology and training/assignment schedule and submit to the host institution for approval
- Selection of the training dates in coordination with the host institution
- Report on the conducted activities
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism and an ability to work with different cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills including experience of facilitation of trainings and presentation;
- Excellent communication and written skills in both English and Arabic.
- Extensive experience in completing trainings for different institutions.
- Extensive experience of capacity building.
Education and Experience
- Minimum university degree in Environmental engineering or other relevant field;