Site Ministry of Justice, Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Background Information about Host Institution
Mission of the Ministry;
- To continually strive to empower our people by delivering justice, equality before the law, truth, dignity and integrity;
- To assist in restoring order and to create faith in an environment where the rule of law prevails;
- To promote democracy, good governance and human rights through the development of policies that enhance the enjoyment of social, economic and political rights;
- Building and strengthening the capacity of the justice system especially the independence of the Judiciary, based on Justice, Equality, Trust and respecting the Constitution, Laws and other By-laws of the Country.
- Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
This position supports the HR Director in all generalist HR activities, specifically developing, reviewing and advising on HR policies and processes. Skill transfer and capacity building of Staff to ensure development and the most effective utilization of human resources for the purpose of achieving strategic business objectives of the Ministry of Justice.
- Contribute to the capacity building of the Ministry’s HR department
- Contribute to the Development of recruitment, Selection, and Induction procedures of the MoJ
- Conduct 3-4 trainings on HR issues, Management for senior and staff level
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Advise and disseminate through training best practices in Human Resources for MoJ including those related to selection, recruitment, governance, processes for in-service capacity building, multiskilling, motivation etc.
- Advise on staff management issues and identify common strategic approaches and enables cross learning across FMS
- Train on staff motivation, promotion and discipline
- Provide training on staff productivity
Promotes knowledge management and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example, excellent knowledge of capacity building theory and the application of methodology, good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies, excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities, ability to get capacity building, excellent ability to demonstrate national capacities building (mastery of the tools and their application).
- Display understanding of the relevant contemporary ICT tools and continuously act towards personal capacity building.
- Development and Operational Effectiveness.
- Ability to engage with high-ranking Ministry of Justice Managers, Government Officials and international donor community and provide policy advisory support services.
- Ability to identify opportunities, conceptualize and develop program reports.
- Ability to effectively support in strategic planning, results-based management, and reporting.
- Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioural/attitude change
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in HR, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- 3 years of professional relevant experience at the national or international level in providing HR advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web based management systems.