Ministry of Energy and Water Resources, Galmudug State of Somalia
Background about the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources, Galmudug State of Somalia
The Galmudug State of Somalia is committed to accelerated development and more efficient delivery of public services to the citizens, with an emphasis on the need for prudent management in the utilization of resources. This enables the government to achieve its goals of growth, productivity, efficiency and improvement in service delivery.
The Ministry of Energy and Water Resource’s overall responsibility is two sectors namely: Water Resources and Energy exploration. The mandate of the ministry is development and management of water resources, water harvesting and storage, water services and sanitation regulation, dams and sanitation management.
Renewable Energy Advisor
All the Departments, MoEWR
The main objective of this assignment is to facilitate development of local technical capacities and increase knowledge on energy management and renewable energy technologies, particularly solar PV systems within the Water Sector.
The ministry works different stakeholders including the private sector and Borehole operators.
- Build local technical capacities on the energy sector,
- Increase knowledge on renewable energy and energy management within the Water sector.
- Provide trainings on sustainable mechanism for renewable energy and energy management training for the water sector department staff
- Target and train at least two Junior staff in the ministry so that they can train the borehole operators;
- Provide Timely technical support and coordination support to the ministry.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely
- Action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes.
- Responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Encourages and contributes to a clear and open communication;
- Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Energy Sector;
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated expertise with renewable energy;
- Ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to deadlines;
- Fluency in English required
Written and verbal fluency in English is required.