Central Statistics Office
Central Statistics Office Baghdad
Background Information about Host Institution
The Central Statistics Office (CSO) uses migration-related data to prepare progress reports on development goals and formulate related policy. The CSO has focal points in other ministries engaged in migration data collection. The CSO is a member of the migration Technical Working Group, which seeks to strengthen migration governance in Iraq.
Migration trends are a growing area of policy interest in Iraq following the displacement of people from areas affected by the conflict with ISIS. As recovery and reconstruction begins and Iraq prepares to undertake a new census, there is need to make greater use of existing migration data. The CSO works closely with the Ministry of Planning in this area.
Programmers Team Lead at the Central Statistics Office in Baghdad
Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
The assignment should support the programmers team within the CSO to build their capacity regarding the points which will be mentioned below.
- Increased capacity of the staff to conduct a census
- New system for the database used by the CSO
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Review the national solution census systems that work on tablets Windows environment
- Application and working on investing it to implement the required amendments
- Work on Android devices using the Xamarin platform and in coordination with Systems Collaboration Electronic census in the Central Bureau of Statistics in cooperation with the expert group For software workers
- Developing systems performance and certifying the efficiency of all functions and tools within timings Specific time
- Designing and building additional systems that work on tablets or computers and according to the work needed
- Verify the reliability and security of mobile data between different systems
- Develop workflow steps to create geographic information systems data and receive data entered from the field using census systems and in coordination with the relevant authorities
- Carry out a study of the software needs and provide a list of courses that will develop our cadres in addition to carrying out on-site training during implementation and knowledge transfer
- Participation with the relevant authorities to implement extensive office and field experiments to discover and fix programmatic errors
- Document all procedures and work during the work progress and provide us with them
- Being with our cadres in the electronic census systems cooperative at the headquarters of the Central Statistical Organization and until the completion of census work to complete software solutions and provide our cadres with practical experience.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, creativity for problem-solving
- Strong general knowledge of statistics
Education and Experience
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree Or higher in the field of (Computer Engineering, Science Computers, Information Technology) or any related specialty
- Strong knowledge of using C # language and building systems using the Visual Studio development environment
- Link with Microsoft SQL Server databases with good knowledge of working with it was building the database structure and database administration.
- Experience in the field of databases SQLite, Indexed DB.
- Experience in the field of information security and confidentiality
- Experience in ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise environment management
- Have at least 5 years in the field of systems development using ESRI ArcGIS Runtime SDK .Net
- Have at least 5 years in the field of developing Android systems using Xamarin and Web Application systems
- Experience in application design systems deployment
- Experience in business intelligence
- To possess similar experience and work in data collection software from the electronic field using Android tablets and by taking advantage of geographic information systems technologies spatial linking of statistical data.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic