Central Statistics Office
Central Statistics Office Baghdad
Background Information about Host Institution
The Central Statistics Office (CSO) uses migration-related data to prepare progress reports on development goals and formulate related policy. The CSO has focal points in other ministries engaged in migration data collection. The CSO is a member of the migration Technical Working Group, which seeks to strengthen migration governance in Iraq.
Migration trends are a growing area of policy interest in Iraq following the displacement of people from areas affected by the conflict with ISIS. As recovery and reconstruction begins and Iraq prepares to undertake a new census, there is need to make greater use of existing migration data. The CSO works closely with the Ministry of Planning in this area.
Population and Workforce Statistics Directorate in Baghdad
Duration of assignment: 1 month
Objectives of Assignment
The assignment will support the Central Statistics Office (CSO) regarding Training in how to analyze the data Methods of calculating the indicator by the unconventional method.
- Building capacity of the staff
- Support with establishing or developing the database used by the CSO.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Training in how to analyze the data
- Methods of calculating the indicator by the unconventional method
- Strong communication and leadership skills, creativity for problem-solving
- Strong general knowledge of statistics
Education and Experience
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- University degree, master or higher degree is preferable in statistics or related studies
- 5 years experience with statistics-related work
- Arabic required
- English highly desirable