Website Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC)
Name of host institution: Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC)
Background Information about Host Institution
Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC) is a complex health services provider and a medical practical institution, non-governmental and non-political organization, established in 2014.
KMC is the premium healthcare service provider equipped with the best state of the art medical facilities in Kabul. This is a centre-of-excellence exclusively dedicated to multiple-specialty care. The hospital focuses on delivering Quality and Affordable healthcare while maintaining the core values of Clinical Excellence, Patient Centricity and Ethical Practices. The hospital is driven by our team of dedicated medical professionals and staff, whose clinical proficiency is wholly focused on creating a Centre of Excellence using modern advancements in medicine and medical technology. We pride ourselves on hosting a staff of exceptionally trained and, in many cases, internationally experienced specialists. Our staff utilize the latest medical technologies to ensure that provide a high standard quality services and patients to receive the best possible care.
Organizational unit/Department: Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC)
Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
- On Job Training of healthcare customer services from other type of services interactions.
- Training on importance of patient service
- The cost of poor patient service
- Training of how to deal with patient complaints effectively and safely.
- Demonstrate how to evaluate patient customer service through feedback and staff training.
Outcome: Upon completion of this program, our patient services manager will demonstrate the ability to:
- Understand how services in health care differs from service in other industries.
- Understand the importance of being present, polite, proactive and positive.
- Offer tactics for communicating with empathy.
- Suggest steps for handling upsets, confused and scared patients.
Helping KMC by identifying pertinent and necessary training for staff needed to provide better quality medical services. Patient services training enable our patient care professionals to bring specialised expertise to KMC. These international professionals offer patients access to state-of-the-art treatments and procedures, and also provide opportunities for our Afghan staff to receive training and earn credential. The overall goal for this project is to improve growth of health status and improve the skill of patient care services in Afghanistan. The Patient services manager will receive advanced training on patient services and will be able to work professionally in Khair Khwa Medical Complex.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Training of patient care staff
- The patient services manager from Khair Khwa Medical Complex will be professionally trained in this field
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Actively shares relevant information
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Learns about developments in updated technology
- Experience and Skills in effective teaching skills is advantage
- Excellent team management and communication skills.
- Proficiency with a computer and healthcare applications
- Excellent presentation skills
Education and Experience
5 to 10 years of practical experience in the field of patient services management.