Website Ministry of Justice, Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Background Information about Host Institution
Mission of the Ministry;
- To continually strive to empower our people by delivering justice, equality before the law, truth, dignity and integrity;
- To assist in restoring order and to create faith in an environment where the rule of law prevails;
- To promote democracy, good governance and human rights through the development of policies that enhance the enjoyment of social, economic and political rights;
- Building and strengthening the capacity of the justice system especially the independence of the Judiciary, based on Justice, Equality, Trust and respecting the Constitution, Laws and other By-laws of the Country.
- Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
The incumbent will provide strategic communication to the Ministry, provide necessary skill transfer to the Ministry staff, and improve staff capacity through mentoring and training on best practices on media communications.
- Help MOJ staff develop media and communication and press release policies
- Build MoJ staff on the best means to engage the public to increase government credibility and visibility
- Carry training and capacity building on communication strategies and prepare along with MoJ staff press release template
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Advise the MoJ and staff on communication and strategies and press release with the objective of increasing government visibility and engagement with the public
- Provide training to the staff on communication and media strategies provided necessary training to the staff
- Guide the development on the necessary press releases and their methodologies
- Display understanding of the relevant contemporary ICT tools and continuously act towards personal capacity building.
- Development and Operational Effectiveness.
- Ability to engage with high-ranking Ministry of Justice Managers, Government Officials and international donor community and provide policy advisory support services.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in media and communication Administration or related field.
- 3 years of professional relevant experience at the national or international along the line of media and communication strategies