Ministry of Energy and Water Resources
About the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources, Galmudug State of Somalia
The Galmudug State of Somalia is committed to accelerated development and more efficient delivery of public services to its citizens, with an emphasis on the need for prudent management in the utilization of resources. Delivering this will enable the government to achieve its goals of growth, productivity, efficiency and improvement in service delivery within a clearly defined and predictable legal environment.
The Ministry of Energy and Water Resource’s overall responsibilities lie within two sectors, namely: water resources and energy exploration. The mandate of the Ministry is development and management of water resources, water harvesting and storage, water services and sanitation regulation, dams and sanitation management.
All Departments of MoEWR including Office of the DG and Office of the Minister
- Advise and support the review of MoEWR contracts and agreement, and provide legal advice to the Ministry.
- Support and review of current laws and prepare guidelines and rules and/or checklists as necessary to guide public officers in the administration of the said laws.
- Building and strengthening the capacity of the Policy and Planning department, as well as the legal unit, to enable drafting SoPs, guidelines and rules and/or checklists.
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Organizational Design: Ability to align resources and organizational structures as well as work approaches and culture to enable global collaboration with clear accountability.
- Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow.
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgment.
- Change Management: Ability to apply a systematic approach to adapt, control and effect change.
- Strategic Planning / Visioning: Ability to analyze the organization’s value proposition and shape visionary/long term plans.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in legal or international relations field.
- Successful candidates should have experience with team-based management and workshop facilitation.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) required.
Written and verbal fluency in English is required.