Ministry of Employment, Social Affairs and Family (MESAF)
The Ministry of Employment, Social Affairs and Family (MESAF) serves several target groups including women, migrant workers, disabled persons, and other marginalized groups. The Ministry promotes labour migration governance and management through policies and legal frameworks. The Ministry has currently prioritized the capacity development of the labour migration sector.
Organizational Unit/Department: Labour Migration Unit
Duration of Assignment: 3 months
Objectives of the Assignment
The overall objectives of this assignment are to contribute to:
- Capacity building through training staff from relevant departments, including the labour, gender and planning departments.
- Technical support to the MESAF to establish effective coordination on labour migration.
- Reviewing existing strategies, policies and laws relevant to labour migration in accordance with global strategies and best practices.
- Mainstreaming and incorporating labour migration priorities into the National Development Plan (NDP- III).
- Provide in-house capacity building training on labour migration for national and regional Ministry staff.
- Review policies and the five-year strategy plan, and align them with global strategies and best practices on labour migration.
- Formulate labour migration sector priorities and incorporate these in the current National Development Plan (NDP- III).
- Develop labour migration coordination instruments, including terms of reference, reporting tools, and partner mapping templates.
The consultant is responsible for:
- delivering capacity building training.
- critically reviewing existing policies, strategies, and laws, and aligning them to global migration standards.
- developing priorities under the National Development Plan.
- complying with the Government of Somaliland human resources policies and MESAF internal procedures.
- reporting to the director general of MESAF.
- carrying out any other assignments as required by the director general.
- Awareness and sensitivity regarding gender issues
- Creative problem-solving capacities
- Effective communication skills
- Inclusive collaboration skills
- Stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of relevant labour migration policies and strategies
- Strong networking skills
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Social Policy, Governance or another relevant field at an accredited academic institution
- Expertise in the field of labour migration, capacity development, policy planning and strategy development
- Minimum of seven years experience in a relevant field
- Experience in working with Somaliland public institutions is an asset
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Somali