Website Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs – KRI
Host Institution: Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs – KRI
Background Information about Host Institution
The KRI Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs is responsible for regulating and monitoring the Labour market in the Kurdistan region, providing social welfare for citizens on low incomes and those with special needs, and supporting and supervising nurseries and other charitable organizations.
Organizational unit/ Department:
Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
General Directorate of Labour and Social Insurance
Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
Opening training courses and making site visits for skill development of the private sector labour inspection and social security committees, including/concentrating especially on checking the working conditions of any possible migrant workers and addressing how to detect vulnerabilities where migrant workers might be exploited for trafficking.
The assignment will provide the following deliverables:
- Providing training courses for the staff and site visits to get in touch directly with private sector labour inspection and social security committees.
- Providing instructions and regulation in the field of working conditions regarding Migrants workers.
- Addressing how to detect vulnerabilities where migrant workers might be exploited for trafficking.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Training course for the labour and social security inspectors in the following locations;
- Strong communication and leadership skills, creativity for problem-solving
- Strong general knowledge of labour inspection and social security committees
- Knowledge of the rights concerning the Migrant workers
Education and Experience
- University degree in the relevant field to social insurance and labour.
- Experience in proving trainings
- Experience in labour rights
- Experience in social security inspectors
- Experience in vulnerabilities and trafficking in Migrant workers
- Kurdish highly desirable
- Any other language