Website Ministry Of Planning – KRG
Background Information about Host Institution
The Ministry of Planning is responsible for planning and prioritizing government investments in coordination with relevant ministries.
Organizational unit/ Department: Directorate General of Development Coordination and Cooperation/directorate of follow-up affairs of donor countries and international organizations
Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
- To find a proper way to approach and work with international organizations, supporting MOP KRI in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) implementation and planning.
- To aim the services to provide a robust Migration Gap synergy with the Agenda 2030 within the context of Iraq including KRI – aligned with Iraq National Migration Management Strategy, the Vision 2030, SDGs reports, and other strategic plans.
- Contribution to enhanced cooperation on international migration in all its dimensions, the Member States that endorsed the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly, and Regular Migration (GCM).
- Contribute to reviewing and discussing the alignment of plans and policies with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and identify priorities in KRI.
- Supporting MOP by strengthening the practice of communicating between the governmental bodies and elaborating the process of communication with relevant offices concerning the SDGs.
- To transfer knowledge of SDG implementation and skills of SDG linkage with NMS and Iraqi Vision.
The participant is expected physically to give the required knowledge and experience regarding the objectives outlined above.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
To provide presentations and seminars, prepare reports, and help in terms of capacity building for employees in the department. The expert should be able to be present in the office with the employees (except in weekends, holidays and/ or very urgent matters).
- Behavioural – Professional behaviour and awareness of Kurdish community traditions.
- Technical – Good knowledge of the technical requirements for smooth implementation of the objectives
Education and Experience
- A Master degree in the above-mentioned field is preferable, and
- At least three years of working experience on the topic.
Kurdish, English, and (Arabic).