Ministry of Energy and Water Resources
Galmudug State of Somalia is committed to accelerated development and more efficient delivery of public services to the citizens, with an emphasis on the need for prudent management in the utilization of resources. This enables the government to achieve its goals of growth, productivity, efficiency and improvement in service delivery.
The Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (MoEWR) overall responsibility is twofold: Water Resources and Energy exploration. The mandate of the Ministry is development and management of water resources, water harvesting and storage, water services and sanitation regulation, dams and sanitation management.
To enhance the capacity of MoEWR, comprehensive institutional development support is required to strengthen the capacity of the MoEWR. This includes skill and knowledge transfer to local staff and identifying the short- and long-term training programs required.
Duration of Assignment: 3 months
Objectives of the Assignment
Knowledge and skill transfer to local staff of the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources, thereby identifying short- and long-term training needs.
- The advisor undertakes a training needs assessment for the Ministry staff. Based on this, the advisor produces a training plan with options to upgrade the current skill set of the staff of the Ministry.
- Based on the training needs assessment, the advisor carries out monthly trainings for the Ministry staff utilizing Ministry capacities (including consultants supported under this project).
- The advisor develops the capacity-building and supervision plan for all graduate interns working for the Ministry.
- The advisor makes sure that graduates are linked to departments and have opportunities for growth and learning from senior staff or advisors.
The consultant is responsible for:
- Undertaking a training needs assessment
- Producing a training plan
- Carrying out monthly training sessions
- Developing a capacity-building and supervision plan
- Innovative – Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Institutional development – Ability to align resources, institutional structures and work.
- Leadership – Ability to persuade others to follow
- People management – Ability to improve performance and overall satisfaction
- Communication – Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Delivery – Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Change management – Ability to apply a systematic approach to adapt, control and effect change
- Strategic planning – Ability to analyze the organization’s value proposition and shape long-term plans
Education and Experience
- Minimum ten years of experience in management, human resources and/or consulting at the national or international level is required.
- At least two years of management responsibilities of similar scope and complexity.
- At least two years of experience with consulting related to organizational development and change management.
- Candidates should have experience with team-based management and workshop facilitation.
- Experience with the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) is required.
- Fluent in English (both written and oral)