Ministry of Education/ Directorate of Educational Planning
Name of Host Institution: Ministry of Education/ Directorate of Educational Planning
Background Information about Host Institution:
The Ministry of Education in the KRG was founded under law No.4 in 1992 by the National Council of Kurdistan Region. In KRG there are three ministries and some private institution that provide education. The Ministry of Education (MoE) is responsible for basic and secondary education, including secondary vocational education. The Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and Scientific Research (MOHESR) are responsible for tertiary two-year and four-year technical and academic education as well as for postgraduate education. The Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MOLSA) is responsible for postsecondary non- tertiary adult training. Education in the Kurdistan region is free for all and compulsory from grade (1) up to grade (9).
In 2007, KRG reformed its K-12 education system (Starting from Kindergarten (k) and the 1st grade of basic education though to the 12th grade of secondary education which is a grade prior to college). As a result the old education (6-3-3-4) structure to a new (9-3-4) structure, including modernization of its decades-old curriculum, upgrades to its school facilities, and increase in the quality of instruction. Furthermore, two further languages, English and Arabic, were to be taught beginning in primary school, in addition to Kurdish.
Organizational unit/Department: Ministry of Education/ General Directorate of Educational Planning
Duration of assignment: From 01-Feb 2021 Till 30-Apr-2021
Objectives of Assignment
- Develop the efficiency of educational staff for data analyzing in terms of learning assessment
- Acquainting educational staff with the latest information in terms of data analysis
- Updating trainees knowledge of with new strategies and discarding any existing vague concepts related to data analysis
- Learning from advanced experience associated with developing learning assessment operations
• At least 10 educational staff to receive training in data analysis for learning assessment
• Knowledge and skills acquisition regarding data analyzing for learning assessment through the SPSS program.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide accurate information, ideas, knowledge, and find solutions for the lack of skills on data analysis for educational trainee staff
- Responsible for ensuring that the educational staff are duly trained on data analysis for learning assessment
- Review trainees learning on data analysis for learning assessment
- Provide and create training strategies, initiatives, and materials
- At the end of training conduct experiments and pass on any feedback or suggestions to the trainees.
- Sensitivity and adaptability to cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with his or her educational trainees, and other educational staff in the MoE
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions and data analysis strategy and able to widely shares their personal vision for educational trainees
- Proficiency in various MS Office applications particularly (Excel, Word, outlook access etc.)
- Familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment
- Proficiency in SPSS software package for statistical analysis.
Education and Experience
- Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, e.g. Education, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Science, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) or Information Management; or a closely related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience working with ICT programs. Work experience at the national and/or international level in data analyses for learning assessment through SPSS or good technical knowledge of other relevant programmes. Or, experience working on educational data analyses
- Kurdish (mandatory) level fluent
- Fluency in spoken and written English