Ministry of Education of Kurdistan Region
Name of host institution: Ministry of Education of Kurdistan Region
Background Information about Host Institution
The Ministry of Education in the KRG was founded under law No.4 in 1992 by the National Council of Kurdistan Region. In KRG there are three ministries and some private institution that provide education. The Ministry of Education (MoE) is responsible for basic and secondary education, including secondary vocational education. The Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and Scientific Research (MOHESR) are responsible for tertiary two-year and four-year technical and academic education as well as for postgraduate education. The Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MOLSA) is responsible for postsecondary non- tertiary adult training. Education in the Kurdistan region is free for all and compulsory from grade (1) up to grade (9).
In 2007, KRG reformed its K-12 education system (Starting from Kindergarten (k) and the 1st grade of basic education though to the 12th grade of secondary education which is a grade prior to college). As a result the old education (6-3-3-4) structure to a new (9-3-4) structure, including modernization of its decades-old curriculum, upgrades to its school facilities, and increase in the quality of instruction. Furthermore, two further languages, English and Arabic, were to be taught beginning in primary school, in addition to Kurdish.
Organizational unit/Department: General Directorate of Educational Planning
Duration of assignment: From 1st March 2021 until 30th April 2021
Objectives of Assignment
To enhance the financial management and auditing capacity of the DoE’s in Kurdistan Region.
At least 10 educational staff to receive Financial management training
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensuring that the educational staff are duly trained on financial management strategies
- Ability to provide educational staff drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance
- Provide accurate information, ideas, knowledge and skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance
- Come up with ultimate solutions for the lack of skills on financial management
- Be able to understand the modern mechanism of financial systems and auditing in education.
- Be able to make effective finance management plan
- Be able to understand statistical financial analysis and auditing processing, and suggest appropriate and effective financial solutions in light of the current crisis.
- Be able to understand the school management on the basis of collaboration with education administration, school and community, and plan for school financing.
Education and Experience
- Ph.D.’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education in the field of financing
- Experience in using computer hardware, peripherals, and standard computer software programs
- Possess good problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrate a positive, courteous, and friendly attitude
- Equivalent experience or /and general experience
- Evaluate and document trainee’s progress
- Kurdish (fluent)
- English is required