Website Nigerian Communications Satellite (NIGCOMSAT) Limited
Organizational unit/ Department: Nigerian Communications Satellite (NIGCOMSAT) Ltd.
Duration of assignment: 6 months
Background Information about Host Institution
Nigerian Communications Satellite Ltd (NIGCOMSAT) was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2006, to amongst other satellite communication solutions. It is an agency under the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy with mission to provide seamless connectivity and satellite communication solutions through innovation.
Objectives of Assignment
To transfer Knowledge and develop the organisations capacity in solid infrastructure and service infrastructure
- Improved IT Infrastructure
- Improved digital services
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
To assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of an information management system for the organisation.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Emotional intelligence- displays skills of emotional intelligence to successfully manage internal and external stakeholders
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Willingness to sign standard non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and observe.
- Capacity to develop and implement and Information Management System
- Ability to implement information security policies and procedures tailored to the organization’s needs
- Ability to support and promote continual improvement of the information management system
- Capacity to conduct a detailed training needs analysis
- Ability to develop training plan capturing training requirements of the organization and the appropriate training delivery method to be utilised.
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders to help formulate and deliver effective timely training materials across departments
- Capacity in Design, Development and support of technology infrastructure, hardware, software and office systems support and distribution
Education and Experience
MSc degree & above in one, or any combination of the following:
- Computer operations,
- IT service management,
- Technology development and architecture,
- IT infrastructure management,
- Business Unit/Customer support,
- Cloud computing
- Application service
- Have knowledge of the requirements for information security controls required by ISO 27001
- Have a good understanding of the requirements for an organization to obtain an ISO 27001 certification
- Worked in an ISO 27001 certified organization and as an ISO implementer
- Demonstrated at least 5 years experience in project management and implementation
- Ability to participate in Information Security Audits.
- Knowledge of Government and Public Sector Administration
- Knowledge and experience of Private Sector Administration
- 5 years experience in Enterprise and Platform Architecture
- 5 years experience as Application tools specialist
- 5 years experience in Developing Software Infrastructure
- 5 years experience in Client Management Strategy
- 5 years experience in Technology Management
- 5 years experience in Digital and strategic Marketing
Fluency in English is required