Food Crops Production Technology Transfer Station (FCPTTS) Ubiaja
Please check the General Requirements before applying and note in particular that the assignments are only open to Dutch nationals, or those with residence in the Netherlands, and in some cases nationals or residents of other EU countries
Food Crops Production Technology Transfer Station (FCPTTS) Ubiaja – Edo State
Duration of Assignment
From: 15 January, 2021
To: 15 April 2021
Type of Assignment: Virtual or physical (depending on pandemic and expert’s preference)
Background Information about Host Institution
The Food Crops Production Technology Transfer Station Ubiaja, Edo State was established in 1982 by the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development Abuja to carry out the following mandates:
- Training of Farmers, extension workers and students on improved farming methods
- Establishment of adaptive research and crops demonstration.
- Crops production and multiplication activities.
- Organization of farmers field day and agricultural show.
- Agro service to farmers and other relevant institutions
Other branches are also located in Ugwuoba Enugu State, Dan-Hassan, Kano and Gashua Yobe State.
Objectives of Assignment
To transfer knowledge and develop public sector technical capacity in greenhouse development and management
- Improved greenhouse installation methodology
- Improved greenhouse management.
- Improved soil management in greenhouse
- Improved integrated pests and disease control in greenhouse
- Improve environmental factors control in greenhouse
- Establishment and management of crops in greenhouse
- Improved field and greenhouse data collection methods with adequate results analysis and data base
The incumbent expected to demonstrate the following technical competencies:
- Capacity to virtually execute greenhouse installation and field trial design/layout.
- Virtually train and supervise field and greenhouse trainee in seeding, transplanting, pests/diseases control and crop harvest.
- Virtually trains the trainees on improved environmental factors control in greenhouse.
- Collaborate with trainees in collection and analysis of data result, tracking and data entry.
Education and Experience
B.Sc Degree and above in one or any combination of the following;
- Crop Science
- Plant Science
- Plant Breeding
- Computer skills
- 4 years work experience in greenhouse development and management
Fluency in English