Central Statistics Office
Central Statistics Office Baghdad
Background Information about Host Institution
The Central Statistics Office (CSO) uses migration-related data to prepare progress reports on development goals and formulate related policy. The CSO has focal points in other ministries engaged in migration data collection. The CSO is a member of the migration Technical Working Group, which seeks to strengthen migration governance in Iraq.
Migration trends are a growing area of policy interest in Iraq following the displacement of people from areas affected by the conflict with ISIS. As recovery and reconstruction begins and Iraq prepares to undertake a new census, there is need to make greater use of existing migration data. The CSO works closely with the Ministry of Planning in this area.
Database Team Lead at the Central Statistics Office in Baghdad
Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
The assignment should support the database team within the CSO to build their capacity regarding the points which will be mentioned below.
- Building capacity of the staff
- Support with establishing or developing the database used by the CSO.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop and implement solutions that provide databases following the criteria set by the standard policies for that.
- Executing the works related to MS SQL Server Administration databases.
- Specify the users and the levels of validity granted to them and for each part of the data rules.
- Install all software for databases in addition to all patches and updates, set up the necessary settings, and perform periodic maintenance.
- Design, build, and develop all database components from Tables, views, indexes, store procedures, etc.
- Monitor and develop database performance and tuning.
- Database backup strategies.
- Ensuring protection for information that is being processed, stored, or being handled.
- Document all procedures and work during the work progress and provide us with them.
- Being with our cadres in the electronic census systems cooperative at the headquarters of the Central Bureau of Statistics and until the completion of the census to complete software solutions and give our cadres practical experience.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, creativity for problem-solving
- Strong general knowledge of statistics
Education and Experience
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of Computer Engineering, Science Computers, information technology, or any related specialty.
- The applicant must have local or international certificates approved by MS SQL Server Administration.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in:
- MS SQL Server Administration.
- Implementing and managing backup procedures.
- SQL Server Replication / Mirroring / Load balancing / High Availability.
- Implementing security checks Data and performance tracking.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic