Website The Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Authority
Name of host institution: The Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Authority
Background Information about Host Institution
In early 2020, the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Authority was officially endorsed by the Afghan Parliament as an independent entity. TVET is currently being provided by both public as well as private institutions. The majority of the formal public TVET service providers are under the authority of the TVET Authority; however there are several public TVET institutions which are under the authority of other government ministries. Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) is a priority of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The TVET Authority has made efforts to bring reforms to TVET delivery that could result in greater provision of skilled human capital vital for the economic development.
The TVET Authority is actively seeking to build domain specific partnerships with regional and international partners whereby a specific sector would be supported by a particular partner. This engagement would result in providing better quality TVET education and strengthening coordinated partnership.
Organizational Unit/Department: Curriculum Department
Duration of assignment: The duration of assignment is 3 months. The exact date will be identified later upon mutual agreement.
Objectives of Assignment
The TVET Authority is seeking a well-qualified Curriculum Development Specialist who has substantial experience in Competency Based Training (CBT) and curriculum development and training in TVET and youth workforce related projects. The Specialists will be responsible for the development and delivery of training programs and curricula that focus on youth employability skills including technical/vocational skills, basic numeracy and literacy skills, and/or related soft or social skills development. He or she will also be responsible for transferring his or her capacity to one or two national colleagues at the TVET Authority.
- Curriculum development strategy and implementation plan
- Individual Capacity Transfer Plan
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Training and capacity building in curricula development focusing on Competency Based Training in a workforce development or TVET context
- Designing curricula to include outcomes and assessments
- Training of instructional personnel and conducting training-of-trainers, ideally in TVET institutional settings
- Development of national TVET qualifications frameworks, skills standards or metrics
- He or she will work in close collaboration with the Deputy for Academic Affairs to provide direct technical assistance to national level or other counterparts focusing on labor systems or workforce development.
- The successful candidate will have expertise in Competency Based Training and curriculum development for TVET programs.
- Team player
- Task oriented
- Be a subject matter expert i.e. have a proven track record in curriculum development
Education and Experience
- At least a Master’s degree in Education, Economics, Social Sciences or a related field, preferably in curriculum development.
- At least 10-15 years of experience working on education or professional training projects in a developing country context, preferably related to TVET training.
- Knowledge of various approaches to education and training including adult learning, blended learning, and non-traditional education.
- Experience as a team member or training consultant for technical vocational projects, youth workforce development or at-risk youth assistance projects in a developing, or transitioning country. This should include experience in a variety of programs, such as: informal sector development; micro-entrepreneur skill development; conflict mitigation and assisting vulnerable populations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to work under pressure with limited guidance.
English, Dari and Pashto would be an advantage.