Ministry of Energy and Water Resources
Please check the General Requirements before applying and note in particular that the assignments are only open to Dutch nationals, or those with residence in the Netherlands, and in some cases nationals or residents of other EU countries
Ministry of Energy and Water Resources, Galmudug State of Somalia
Duration of Assignment
From: 15 February 2021
To: 15 May 2021
Type of Assignment: Virtual or physical (depending on pandemic and expert’s preference)
Background Information about Host Institution
Galmudug State of Somalia is committed to accelerated development and more efficient delivery of public services to the citizens, with an emphasis on the need for prudent management in the utilization of resources. This enables the government to achieve its goals of growth, productivity, efficiency and improvement in service delivery
The Ministry of Energy and Water Resource’s overall responsibility is two sectors namely: Water Resources and Energy exploration. The mandate of the ministry is development and management of water resources, water harvesting and storage, water services and sanitation regulation, dams and sanitation management.
Objectives of Assignment
The main objective of Communications and coordination Advisor is to to strengthen the coordination and communication mechanisms and avoid duplication of efforts, improve access, accountability and transparency. The ministry works different stakeholders including the private sector, civil society, Government, local and Diaspora Somalis, the UN, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and other humanitarian actors to exchange information and experiences on key issues; facilitate joint/coordinated planning; and ensure that clear messages are communicated in a systematic manner and aligned with shared objectives.
- Provides advice on drafting communications strategy;
- Developing, maintaining and updating communications tools and channels, including online resources;
- Web and digital channel management, including making and updating sites and pages, making and reshaping content to match external conversations, content management, SEO and analytics;
- Train Junior ITC staff in the ministry.
- Provide guidance on awareness raising campaigns to be conducted by the Ministry;
- Provide Timely technical support and coordination support to the ministry.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely
- Action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes.
- Responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Encourages and contributes to a clear and open communication;
- Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 7 years of experience on communications, media production, and/or strategic communications
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated expertise with media relations and PR trainings
- Ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to deadlines;
Fluency in English