I. General Information
Name of host institution
Civil Service Training College of Sierra Leone
Address of host institution
State Avenue Tower Hill, Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Name and email address of focal point in host institution
Dr Sanpha Pius Kargbo
Background information about host institution
The Civil Service Training College is the only Mandatory Training Institution for the Civil /Public Servants of Sierra Leone and offers courses at certificate, diploma, and postgraduate Diploma levels in the following disciplines: Public Administration and Management, Records Management, Information Communication and Technology.and Media Studies.
II. Position Information
Organizational unit/ Department
Training Consultant (Entrepreneurship Specialist)
Duration of assignment
From May 2017 Till December 2017
Name and email address of supervisor
Principal Civil Service Training College( Dr. M.Y.Bangura)
III. Objectives of Assignment
- To Provide capacity Building and Training for host C.S.T.C.
- Training Staff and Public Servants in Entrepreneurship and Business Development Skills for retirement planning in the Public Sector.
IV. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Main tasks include:
- To Review the current curriculum on Entrepreneurship and Business Development Skills
- To provide findings and Recommendations to CSTC on Curriculum review.
- To teach students and coach and mentor Lecturers on both the theoretical and practical aspects of a Business and Techniques in Entrepreneurship ,Business Administration and Management for a better retirement for Public Servants.
- To Provide Coaching and Mentoring to host C.S.T.C Trainers
The CD4D participant is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to work under extreme pressure in difficult conditions while maintaining creativity and strategic thinking
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Capacity to Work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from various professional backgrounds
- Ability to transfer Knowledge and skills efficiently.
- Experience in teaching and training in Business Development and Entrepreneurship skills .
- Adequate knowledge and experience in curriculum development.
- Excellent Communication and Negotiations Skills.
VI. Education and Experience
The expected resource persons must:
- Have at least a Master’s degree or a professional qualification in related discipline and a Post Graduate qualification in Entrepreneurship and Business Development could be an advantage.
- Have proven experience in a related field for at least 5 years.
VII. Language requirements
English – High Proficiency