Civil Service Training College
I. General Information
Name of host institution
Civil Service Training College of Sierra Leone
Address of host institution
State Avenue Tower Hill, Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Name and email address of focal point in host institution
Dr Pius Kargbo
Background information about host institution
The Civil Service Training College is the only Mandatory Training Institution for the Civil /Public Servants of Sierra Leone and offers courses at certificate, diploma, and postgraduate Diplom levels in the following disciplines: Public Administration and Management,Records Management, Information Communication and Technology, Asset Management and Media Studies.
II. Position Information
Organizational unit/ Department
Public Sector Administrative and Strategic Management. Northern Province of Sierra Leone.
Duration of assignment
To be determined by the host institution.
Name and email of supervisor
Principal Civil Service Training College
III. Objectives of Assignment
- To provide training to C.S.T.C staff/students and civil servants in Northern Region to acquire skills in Public Sector Administrative and Strategic Management in the region of the country
- Provide organisational behavior training to civil servants to increase performance including adding value in public service delivery
IV. Responsibilities and Accountability
- Train civil servant to acquire skills on organisational behaviour and its challenges
- Provide training on the role of value chain in the public sector management
- Organisation learning in the public sector
- To train C.S.T.C staff/students and civil servants to gain experience on public procurement and credit control
- Train C.S.T.C staff/students and civil servants to gain experience managing teams to achieve change
- Train staff, lecture students/civil service in Asset Management in the public sector
- Train staff and civil servants to gain knowledge of lean thinking in the public service delivery
- Train staff/student and civil servants on risk management
- Provide training on leadership development and team building
- Provide training on customer relationship management (CRM)
- To provide training on effective public procurement
- Offer training on management of Public Private Partnership (PPP)
The resource person is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to work under extreme pressure in difficult conditions while maintaining creativity and strategic thinking
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Capacity to Work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from various professional backgrounds
- Ability to transfer Knowledge and skills efficiently through training in a professional manner
- Highly organised, plan and responsive organisational management setting
- Have the ability to travel in provinces and districts
- Able to overcome stress situations
- Experience in teaching and training development skills in Modern Public Administration and Management/Operations Management in public sector institutions
- Adequate knowledge and experience in modern curriculum development.
- Excellent Communication and Negotiations Skills.
- Experience in organizing workshops and seminars in public admin and management
- Excellent presentation skills
VI. Education and Experience
The expected resource persons must:
- Have at least a Master’s degree or a professional qualification in related discipline and a PhD in Public Administration and Management could be an advantage.
- Have proven experience in a related field for at least 5 years